July 23, 2017
The purpose of the Verification Mentoring Workshop (VMW) is to provide mentoring and career advice to early-stage graduate students, to attract them to pursue research careers in the area of computer-aided verification. The workshop will particularly encourage participation of women and under-represented minorities.
The workshop program will include a number of talks and interactive sessions. The talks will give an overview of the field along with brief introductions to the varied topics highlighted at CAV. Other talks will provide mentoring and career advice, from academia and industry.
8:44 – 8:45 Welcome
8:45 – 10:15 Session 1
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Session 2
- Probabilistic systems: Marta Kwiatkowska, University of Oxford
- SMT solving: Alberto Griggio, FBK
- Synthesis: Armando Solar-Lezama, MIT
12:15 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:00 Session 3
- Liana Hadarean, Synopsys
- Jens Oehlerking, Bosch
- Jules Villard, Facebook
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee Break
15:30 – 16:00 Session 4
- Neha Rungta, Amazon
16:00 – 17:00 Panel session
Along with the workshop, there will be a CAV buddy program throughout the conference to connect the new and experienced students together. Mark Santolucito organizes the CAV buddy program. Please register at http://marksantolucito.com/cav
We provide travel scholarships for graduate and undergraduate (Seniors only) students to attend the workshop and CAV.
- The application for sponsorship is over but you can still register for and attend VMW through the CAV registration like a normal workshop
- VMW Workshop: July 23, 2017
- CAV Conference: July 24 – 28, 2017